View Single Post
Staro 19.08.2005., 23:20   #775
gpremec
matroxfanatic

Datum registracije: Nov 2001
Thumbs up

I jos malo novosti! Timeout su odlucili produziti sa 3 dana na 7 dana, shvacajuci da bi na taj nacin otpisali veliku kolicinu slabijih strojeva.

grid.org official communication 8/19/2005 (re: Point Credit):

"Dear members,

After some very constructive feedback, it has become obvious that the three day timeout is not acceptable due to slower machines. We absolutely do want to keep these machines crunching work units. Therefore, we will change the timeout. Here is the new configuration of the Rosetta jobs:

1) The maximum number of dispatches per workunit will be limited to 20.

2) The wall clock timeout will be set to 7 days. This means that after 7 days, your workunit will be discarded if it has not completed processing and uploaded to the grid server. Please do not grab more work than you can complete in a week (UD Mon or whatever) so we do not have to redispatch due to lost work.

3) After we have the minimum results (currently 3) for each and every workunit, the job will be considered completed. At that time we will wait 7 days for any outstanding workunits to be returned for credit. After 7 days, the job will be marked completed and no credit will be given for outstanding workunits.

4) We will enable a new job as soon as we have the minimum results for the first job. That way there will always be new work that needs to be processed.

Again we are in a trial and error mode while we attempt to find the optimal configuration that benefits both the work that needs to be done and the user community that is performing that work. If we need to make a change we will make it. Please offer suggestions if you have them and please keep the flames to a minimum. It is not our intent to invalidate work or keep users from getting the points they deserve.

Thank you for your patience and your contribution.
United Devices
"